Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over 100,000 clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Traditionally, operative treatment has been the gold standard for the management of Achilles Tendon rupture. However, over the last decade a significant body of evidence has highlighted successful outcomes with conservative management. In this course, you will learn about the inclusion and exclusion criteria of operative and conservative management and the important stages of managing Achilles Tendon rupture conservatively.
The course aims to discuss the conservative management of Achilles Tendon rupture with an emphasis on early rehabilitation treatment.
This course is made up of videos, reading, discussions and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1-1.5 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1.1 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- correctly select at least 6 factors associated with Achilles tendon rupture
- identify 3 injury mechanisms of Achilles tendon rupture
- list at least 5 signs and symptoms of Achilles tendon rupture
- plan the examination and the conservative management of Achilles tendon rupture
See more testimonials