Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over 100,000 clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Long term conditions such as non-communicable diseases (NCDs) account for 70% of all deaths each year and the numbers are expected to rise over the next ten years. Global health organizations continue to establish models for prevention and management of these conditions. Physiotherapists have managed to successfully adapt these structural models into their practice and actively contribute to addressing this global burden. In this course, you will explore different interventions that you can utilize in your daily practice to help your patients live a healthier life.
This course discusses the risk factors and impacts of long term conditions and the role of physiotherapy in promoting their prevention.
This course is made up of videos, reading, discussions and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1 hour depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 0.7 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define long term conditions and the most common contributing factors to the development of long term conditions
- Describe 3 main negative impacts of long term conditions
- Identify 6 lifestyle behavioural changes that need to be supported in healthcare practice
- Discuss the role of physiotherapy in self management and in the prevention of long term conditions
Witnessing the high-quality practices in other places is an excellent driver to improve our own. Excellent courses at your disposal at home is a dream for every professional with limited free time or training budget.
Physiotherapist, United States
This is a great refreshing course, thank you!