COVID-19 and Community Rehabilitation
An increase in the rehabilitation needs of COVID-19 patients following their discharge from the hospital is to be expected during the pandemic. Rehabilitation services in local communities are often the best-placed to provide rehabilitation and long-term care. Community-based physiotherapists will be key in the ongoing rehabilitation of survivors of COVID-19 to optimise the recovery of these patients.
This course aims to provide you with knowledge on the rehabilitation needs of COVID-19 patients following discharge and the rehabilitation strategies that community-based physiotherapists can apply to optimise the recovery of these patients.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1.5 - 2 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1.6 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the role and general strategies of community-based physiotherapists in the rehabilitation of COVID-19 patients
- Correctly identify the healthcare needs of COVID-19 patients in the community following hospital discharge
- Explain how fatigue may influence the general function and well-being of patients with COVID-19 in the community
- Plan an appropriate rehabilitation program for patients recovering from COVID-19 infection following discharge from hospital based on case scenarios.