Online Course: COVID-19 Rehabilitation in Vulnerable Populations
Exploring evidence to understand the impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic on socioeconomically disadvantaged populations
Powered by Physiopedia
Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over - clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
COVID-19 poses a severe threat to all communities, but refugees, people who are displaced and those living in low-income areas will face even greater challenges. This course will introduce the issues faced by refugees/displaced people in camps and camp-like settings as well as explore various options that may help to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 in high-risk individuals in these settings.
This course aims to introduce the challenges COVID-19 causes for vulnerable populations living in challenging and socioeconomically disadvantaged contexts.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading Activities
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1-1.5 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 0.9 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- List 3 features of camps/camp-like settings that may cause these locations to be more affected by COVID-19
- Discuss why COVID-19 will likely have a greater impact on refugees/displaced people than other populations
- Evaluate potential methods to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 in camps/camp-like settings
- Explain why COVID-19 has an even greater impact on refugees/displaced people with disabilities
- Summarise 4 factors that should be considered when planning rehabilitation for refugees/displaced people
Physiotherapist, South Africa
Esta súper completo este curso, la información presentada demuestra y expone la relevancia e importancia de conocer los diferentes contextos y dinámicas de vida de las diferentes poblaciones
Excellent course, very informative, and interactive - applies to all learning styles.
Physiotherapist, United Kingdom
One of the most interesting, informative and amazing courses. Thank you and keep going!