Online Course: Frozen Shoulder – Do We Have the Cold, Hard Facts?
Understanding adhesive capsulitis - are we making clinically important progress?
Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over 100,000 clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Adhesive capsulitis, or more commonly known as frozen shoulder, is a debilitating and chronic shoulder condition that is often seen within a clinical setting. It is a multifactorial pathology which requires a thorough understanding by the treating clinician, in order to individualize the treatment plan for the patient while using proven management techniques. Join Dr. Ian Horsley, a leading upper extremity physiotherapist in the United Kingdom, as he discusses the roots of frozen shoulder, how to identify it in a clinic and what are the best evidence-best treatments presently available.
To better understand the origins, signs & symptoms, prognostic indicators and evidence-based clinical treatments for adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder).
This course is made up of videos, reading, discussions and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1.5-2 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1.5 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the signs, symptoms and prognostic indicators for adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder).
- Better understand the underlying pathophysiological and biomechanical factors of the shoulder which contribute to adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder).
- What best practices currently exist and what remains controversial with the management of frozen shoulder.
See more testimonials