Global Health Governance, Health Systems & the Role of the Physiotherapist
See more testimonials
We have examined some of the biggest challenges to Global Health. Now we will take a look at Global Health Governance and examine Health Care Systems to understand their impact on Global Health Challenges. Finally we will review the historical development of Physiotherapy and consider the Role of the Physiotherapist in Global Health in the 21st Century.
This course aims to ensure a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the complexity of Global Health Governance and essential components of Health Systems, recognising that they are structured and function differently worldwide. You will also consider the role of the Physiotherapist in Global Health in the 21st Century.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Global Health Governance
- The role of the WCPT in Global Health
- Health Care Systems
- Role of the Physiotherapist in Global Health
- Physiotherapy on the Global Stage
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 3-4 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 3.4 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify two United Nations organisations involved in the governance of Global Health
- describe the role of the WCPT in relation to Global Health Governance
- explain the potential concerns with volunteers working with global health
- list three non-governmental agencies involved in delivery of Global Health services
- judge a given scenario to determine if it is a proactive or reactive Health System
- describe the different roles a physiotherapist / physical therapist can play in global health issues given specific case scenarios