Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over - clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
The global physical inactivity crisis and the epidemic of life-style related diseases (non-communicable diseases or NCDs) has created an urgent need for health care professionals to develop effective approaches for incorporating the promotion of physical activity in patient interactions. This course will cover the concept of social determinants of health and inactivity. It will provide a global overview of physical activity and explore the differences seen between various population groups and also cover global strategies being used to improve these activity levels.
This course aims to expand your knowledge on the social determinants of health and global physical activity in different population groups.
This course is made up of videos, reading, discussions and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Social Determinants of Health
- Global Overview of Physical Activity
- Global Strategies for Physical Activity
- Physical Activity in Different Populations
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 2.5-3 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 2.5 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- list at least 4 social determinants of health and physical activity
- describe the global prevalence of physical inactivity and the relationship to mortality
- discuss physical activity and inactivity levels in different population groups as described in the course
- plan a program to increase the physical activity levels of different population groups by following the WHO guidelines
DANIEL Ibrahim Akinola
I enjoy every bit of the Physiopedia courses but this was different because it was not a condition and I didn't see the relevance at first but by the fourth week I was overwhelmed. Thank you Physiopedia.
This is a nice short course that adds a great deal to my clinical practice!
Great little snippet of information packed in tight package!