Online Course: Headaches and Dizziness
Learn to differentiate between common headache types and causes of dizziness in clinical practice
Powered by Physiopedia
Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over - clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Select a country (and if appropriate state) to view information about this course's accreditation and/or acceptance in this jurisdiction.
There are many different types of headaches and dizziness that are encountered in clinical practice. Some can be managed with physiotherapy whereas others require urgent referral. This course reviews the latest evidence covering common headache and dizziness presentations and highlights red flags and other signs or symptoms which warrant medical review.
This course aims to expand your knowledge on the differential diagnosis of common headache types and causes of dizziness based on the latest evidence.
This course is made up of videos, readings, and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading Activities
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1.5-2 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1.4 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- explain the difference between primary and secondary headaches
- discuss the common primary and secondary headaches in terms of the cause, presentation and diagnosis criteria
- identify ten common secondary headaches
- interpret headache and dizziness symptoms in a case presentation in order to determine if medical referral is warranted
- differentiate dizziness caused by BPPV versus cervical vertebral artery dysfunction based on the appropriate tests
This is a very useful course with practical knowledge and a really nice summary of different kinds of headaches.
Eye opening course, a perfect addition to my skills as a physiotherapist!
This course is highly recommended for all health care professionals as it helps to revise the basics we have studied but forget to implement in day-to-day practice. It also helps to learn and think about different aspects related to a particular condition, which will definitely change the outcome of your treatment.