Innovative Approaches in Providing Rehabilitation during the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 is currently placing significant pressure on health services around the world. A significant number of patients who become infected with COVID-19 will become severely unwell and require hospital-level care. Their ongoing rehabilitation requirements will often be high. However, due to the pandemic, rehabilitation professionals are unable to provide their usual services to both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 patients. This course explores innovative approaches that rehabilitation professionals can adopt to ensure that they are able to continue providing essential rehabilitation services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This course aims to introduce innovative rehabilitation approaches during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading Activities
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1.5 - 2 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1.6 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify at least 6 common complications of COVID-19 and critical illness
- Evaluate the use of telehealth and prehabilitation as 2 key innovative approaches to providing rehabilitation during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Choose an appropriate set of interventions that could be included in a prehabilitation management plan of a patient
- Discuss 3 methods of ensuring continuity of care for non-COVID-19 patients during the pandemic