Introduction to Neurology
An online course for physical therapists / physiotherapists
An online course with the Physioplus Team
Trusted by over 100,000 physiotherapists
Improve your clinical knowledge and skills today!
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Neurology is an extensive topic with many different areas of specialism. This course will provide an overview of physical therapy / physiotherapy practice relating to neurology with many of the different areas touched upon.
This course aims to give you a deeper understanding of the anatomy, function, pathologies, assessment and treatment relating to the broad spectrum of clinical practice relating to neurological conditions.
- Section one: Review general neuroanatomy & related physiology.
- Section two: Explore a broad range of neurological & neuromuscular conditions.
- Section three: Examine current approaches to neurological assessment.
- Section four: Investigate the latest treatment approaches in neurological rehabilitation.
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy professionals, clinicians and students.
This course is divided into 4 sections/weeks and it is suggested (but not required) that each section be completed over the duration of approximately a week. Please note that no deadlines are applied and this course can be started and completed according to your own schedule. We expect the required elements of each section/week to take around 14-16 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
It’s not going to be easy, we’ll expect you to work hard for your completion certificate and PP+ points! You won’t be sitting back and watching webinars, we’ll expect you to reading tasks, complete quizzes, perform literature searches and other learning activities. You’ll need to reflect on your own experiences and contribute them within the discussion forum, this is where we can learn from each other’s experiences and knowledge from all around the world! At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 16.6 PP+ points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate you will need to:
- abide by the Physiopedia Plus Community Culture
- log as completed all the required reading and video viewing activities
- actively participate in the course forum discussions
- pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more
- complete a course evaluation form