Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over 100,000 clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
The knee is one of the most commonly injured joints that presents in all aspects of clinical practice. Not just a complaint common to sporting situations, also often presenting in young people as we grow and older people as we age. Best practice requires skills in assessment, treatment and rehabilitation when working with individuals with acute, chronic and complex knee conditions.
Provide an introduction to the anatomy, conditions, assessment and rehabilitation of the knee and explore the latest evidence available.
- Section one: Knee structure, function and conditions.
- Section two: Assessment and differential diagnosis of the knee
- Section three: The paediatric knee
- Section four: Knee treatment and rehabilitation
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy professionals, clinicians and students.
This course is divided into 4 sections/weeks and it is suggested (but not required) that each section be completed over the duration of approximately a week. Please note that no deadlines are applied and this course can be started and completed according to your own schedule. We expect the required elements of each section/week to take around 14-16 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
It’s not going to be easy, we’ll expect you to work hard for your completion certificate and PP+ points! You won’t be sitting back and watching webinars, we’ll expect you to reading tasks, complete quizzes, perform literature searches and other learning activities. You’ll need to reflect on your own experiences and contribute them within the discussion forum, this is where we can learn from each other’s experiences and knowledge from all around the world! At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 16 PP+ points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate you will need to:
- abide by the Physiopedia Plus Community Culture
- log as completed all the required reading and video viewing activities
- actively participate in the course forum discussions
- pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more
- complete a course evaluation form
By the end of this learn topic you should be able to:
- Describe issues arising in knee complaints in relation to functional anatomy and biomechanics.
- Identify key considerations when treating paediatric knee complaints.
- Differentiate between common knee conditions in adults and children.
- Select appropriate assessment techniques and outcomes measures for individuals with knee complaints.
- Evaluate the information gathered from the assessment of an individual with a knee complaint and formulate likely hypothesis.
- Recognise evidence based treatment techniques for the knee.
- Choose appropriate treatment and rehabilitation approaches for an individuals with knee complaints.
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning when presented with knee conditions.
- Critically analyse the literature related to the knee.
See more testimonials