In this series of online courses explore the Rehab Leadership Framework with Jason Giesbrecht. This will allow you to develop an understanding of your own Personal Values And Beliefs and also Emotional Intelligence that will influence all aspects of your leadership effectiveness. Then the courses will review seven key aspects of leadership including Effective Communication, Leading Change and Managing Conflict offering practical approaches and tools to support your leadership activities.
Develop a deep understanding of your own characteristics as a leader and develop a toolkit of skills to help your leadership effectiveness.
This programme is made up of the following courses and a final written assignment:
- Exploring Your Personal Values and Beliefs
- The Emotionally Intelligent Leader in Rehabilitation
- Developing Therapeutic Alliances
- Coaching and Mentoring in Rehabilitation
- Managing Conflict
- Leading Change in Rehabilitation
- Effective Communication
- Developing High Performance Teams
- Balancing Time and Workload
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 20-26 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 24 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.