Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over - clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Select a country (and if appropriate state) to view information about this course's accreditation and/or acceptance in this jurisdiction.
So far we have covered what we mean by the term “Global Health”, how we measure it and why it is important. We have highlighted many of the challenges facing us and discussed the implications for us and discussed our role as physiotherapists. So, how will we meet future Global Health needs? What might global health needs be in the future. This course will consider the future of global health and examine how we as physiotherapists can continue to play a role in addressing these needs.
To explore the future Global Health needs and examine what we as physiotherapists can do to address them.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- The Future of Global Health
- Universal Health Coverage
- Rehabilitation 2030
- Future Role of Physiotherapy in Global Health
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 3-4 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 3.2 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- discuss the Rehabilitation 2030 in terms of the 8 barriers and the implications thereof
- correctly describe the concept of Universal Health Coverage in terms of the definition, top priority, inclusions, and HSR2020
- list at least 2 aspects that future global health projects should include
- identify 4 challenges in global health policy and programmes
- identify at list 5 strategies that form part of the Lancet Global Health 2035 report
- justify the role of Physiotherapy in Global Health and the entry-level education needed in this regard
Australian Physiotherapy Council
APC Accredited Continuing Professional Development
South African Society of Physiotherapy
South African Society of Physiotherapy: PPB007/PT001/2021/054 (4 General CEUs Level 1)
Course recognised by
Physioplus meets the CPD standards of the Health and Social Professions Council of Ireland (CORU). All activities completed on Physioplus are accepted and can contribute towards your continued professional development.
United Kingdom UK (HCPC)
Physioplus meets the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) CPD standards and all activities completed on Physioplus are accepted by the HCPC and can contribute towards your continued professional development.
United States – States not requiring accreditation
Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Washington
The state board of physical therapy either does not require course pre-approval or does not require CEUs for re-licensure. As a result Physioplus courses should fulfil requirements for professional development - please check with your state board.