Online Course: Mental Health during the COVID-19 pandemic
Improve your professional practice skills to confidently address mental health issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic
Powered by Physiopedia
Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over 100,000 clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
The global outbreak of the novel Corona virus touches everyone - patients, health care professionals, and the public in general. One important aspect of human wellbeing is mental health which is likely to be overlooked in the pandemic response. In this course, we learn about how the mental health of patients and healthcare professionals could be affected and introduce relevant management strategies.
Understanding, addressing and managing, mental health issues of patients and healthcare professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activities
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 2 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1.9 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the multifaceted impact of COVID-19 on mental health in different population groups
- Identify stressors particular to COVID-19 for different population groups
- Discuss how the effects of quarantine/isolation influence people in terms of mental health and financially
- Select at least 6 sources of anxiety for healthcare professionals
- Discuss the relevant aspects of resilience when developing management strategies for patients and health-care professionals