See more testimonials
The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented time all across the world. Extensive social distancing policies have been applied, restricting people’s daily activities across the globe. These social distancing and lockdown measures mean that people have far fewer opportunities to be physically active. Although these extreme measures are important and needed in a time such as now, our bodies and minds still need physical activity and the many related benefits. This course focuses on the importance of physical activity even under lockdown and the implications of physical inactivity during lockdown periods. It also highlights the role of physical activity as part of physiotherapy interventions during COVID-19.
This course aims to provide you with knowledge on the importance of physical activity during COVID-19 and the possible implications of physical inactivity and ways in which physiotherapists can make a difference during COVID-19 in relation to physical activity.
This course is made up of videos, reading, discussions and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1-1.5 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1.1 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- List at least 8 health benefits of physical activity
- Discuss the importance of physical activity during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Discuss the implications of physical inactivity during COVID-19 on health and social care, mental well-being, and the musculoskeletal system
- Describe ways in which physiotherapists can make a difference in the lives of their patients/clients in relation to physical activity