Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over 100,000 clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Hallux valgus is a common condition that causes significant functional disability and foot pain. In cases of severe deformity or failure of conservative treatment, surgical correction is advised. Appropriate physiotherapy management is very important following the correction. Many patients go through the operation with high expectations of recovery and they are often faced with some challenges that we can help them to overcome when they start their physiotherapy treatment. This course discusses the post-operative management of hallux valgus and the key principles to successful rehabilitation
To explain post-operative dysfunctions of hallux valgus correction and provide effective strategies to implement in the rehabilitation programme
This course is made up of videos, reading, discussions and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1 hour depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- define hallux valgus in terms of the associated anatomical abnormalities
- describe the symptoms and the associated dysfunctions of hallux valgus based on the mechanics of the deformity
- list 2 diagnostic tools/techniques in hallux valgus
- plan conservative and post-operative management for hallux valgus based on case representations
See more testimonials