Physiotherapy Assessment After Prostate Cancer
See more testimonials
Problems relating to incontinence and sexual dysfunction are common side effects after both surgical and non-surgical interventions for prostate cancer. The assessment of a patient who is having problems after their treatment for prostate cancer is essential to understanding their full clinical picture. Assessing men with problems in their pelvis is complicated and a comprehensive subjective and objective examination needs to be performed. In this course, Pierre Roscher will take you through the basics of the subjective and objective examination for male pelvic health issues and how to differentiate between causes and what other conditions to screen for. The Prostate Cancer Programme of courses is an introduction to men's health and physiotherapy and further education is recommended to effectively treat this patient population.
This course aims to introduce you to the basic concepts around the assessment of men who are experiencing side-effects after prostate cancer treatment
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1-1.5 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 0.8 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- choose up to 6 elements that form part of the subjective examination in men with complications after prostate cancer treatment
- propose up to 6 subjective examination questions relevant to men with complications after prostate cancer treatment
- propose up to 6 objective examination findings relevant to men with complications after prostate cancer treatment