Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over 100,000 clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Prostate cancer is one of the most common cancers among men. This form of cancer generally develops slowly over many years and when detected early the chances of successful treatment are high. However, the interventions used to treat prostate cancer can incur significant risks and side effects which lead to conditions that significantly affect well being and quality of life. As a physiotherapist, there are a variety of ways we can work with individuals who have or have had prostate cancer in order to address these related conditions.
To equip a physical therapist/physiotherapist with a comprehensive knowledge of managing the conditions associated with prostate cancer.
This programme is made up of six courses covering the following topics:
- Introduction to Prostate Cancer
- Functional Anatomy of the Male Pelvic Floor
- Incontinence after Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Dysfunction after Prostate Cancer
- Physiotherapy Assessment after Prostate Cancer
- Physiotherapy Treatment after Prostate Cancer
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 10-11 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 9.6 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this programme of courses and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Complete each of the required courses
- Submit a written assignment that meets that passes the assessment criteria.
- Complete a course evaluation form.