Online Course: Rehabilitation During a Pandemic in People with Specific Rehabilitation Needs
The importance of continuing rehabilitation provision during COVID-19
Powered by Physiopedia
Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over 100,000 clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
It is critical that rehabilitation continues in people with specific rehabilitation needs, even during a pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused countries to implement strict infection control measures such as social distancing and restricting people’s regular movement. A lack of access to rehabilitation could have serious implications on the health outcomes of people with specific ongoing rehabilitation needs. Physiotherapists need to make difficult decisions relating to the continuation of rehabilitation services during the COVID-19 outbreak. Changes in rehabilitation services due to pandemic constraints will have significant implications for today and the future.
This course aims to address the challenges of providing rehabilitation during a pandemic, the adaptations rehabilitation services need to make and the importance of continuing rehabilitation in people with specific rehabilitation needs during a pandemic.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1-1.5 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 0.9 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the aspects which will influence decisions to adapt or suspend rehabilitation services during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Evaluate the impact on patient outcomes and health service delivery if rehabilitation services are adapted or suspended during a pandemic
- Identify priority patients that need rehabilitation and the appropriate rehabilitation options during the pandemic having considered the risks associated with a change in rehabilitation approach
- Discuss the importance of continued rehabilitation in people with a disability or older people during the COVID-19 pandemic
- List 3 areas of physiotherapy rehabilitation that may be affected during a pandemic
Excellent course, very informative, and interactive - applies to all learning styles.
This course is highly recommended for all health care professionals as it helps to revise the basics we have studied but forget to implement in day-to-day practice. It also helps to learn and think about different aspects related to a particular condition, which will definitely change the outcome of your treatment.