Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over - clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Select a country (and if appropriate state) to view information about this course's accreditation and/or acceptance in this jurisdiction.
Naomi Algeo will take you step by step through the differences between qualitative and quantitative research and their uses in clinical practice. She will teach you how to write a selling qualitative research proposal and give you strategies to critically appraise qualitative research.
This programme will introduce the participant to the different aspects of qualitative research and how to appraise research and plan their own research proposal
This programme will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Qualitative Research
- Developing a Qualitative Research Proposal
- Interpreting a Qualitative Research Paper
- Other courses in development...
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 8-10 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 9.5 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this programme of courses and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Complete each of the required courses
- Submit a written assignment that meets that passes the assessment criteria.
- Complete a course evaluation form.