Sport and Exercise Physiotherapy
AimsTo explore the concepts and issues related to Sport and Exercise Physiotherapy and the role of the individual physiotherapist and the physiotherapy profession in this context.
- Section one: Functional Anatomy, Physiology & Biomechanics and The role of the Sports Physiotherapist.
- Section two: Sport Injury Epidemiology, Risk Factors and Injury Prevention
- Section three: Injury Assessment & Management
- Section four: Rehabilitation & Return to Play
- [Optional] Assignment
Target audienceThis course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy professionals, clinicians and students.
As a result of this excellent course I have started to do a more detailed musculoskeletal screen for my athletes and I have also been able to add to my treatment with additional exercises for different injuries.
This course has really improved my assessment of injuries, my approach to the rehabilitation process has really improved and I have finally been able to implement an injury surveillance system.
This course is divided into 4 sections and it is suggested (but not required) that each section be completed over the duration of approximately a week. Please note that no deadlines are applied and this course can be started and completed according to your own schedule. We expect the required elements of each section to take around 4-6 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
It’s not going to be easy, we’ll expect you to work hard for your completion certificate and PP+ points! You won’t be sitting back and watching webinars, we’ll expect you to reading tasks, complete quizzes, perform literature searches and other learning activities. You’ll need to reflect on your own experiences and contribute them within the discussion forum, this is where we can learn from each other’s experiences and knowledge from all around the world! At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 16 PP+ points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate you will need to:
- abide by the Physiopedia Plus Community Culture
- log as completed all the required reading and video viewing activities
- actively participate in the course forum discussions
- pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more
- complete a course evaluation form