Treatment-Based Classification System for Low Back Pain
See more testimonials
The Treatment-Based Classification (TBC) System for low back pain provides a model that the clinician can use to make evidence based treatment decisions from the patient's clinical presentation. In this approach the patient is first triaged to determine if they will benefit from rehabilitation and then triaged to determine which rehabilitation approach is most appropriate. The primary purpose of the TBC approach is to identify features at baseline that predict responsiveness to three different rehabilitation approaches. This course will explore the algorithms and different treatment approaches that form part of the Treatment-Based Classification System and explore how to triage patients into these treatment/rehabilitation approaches.
This course aims to provide you with information regarding the basis of the Treatment-Based Classification System and directions on how to apply it in daily practice.
The course content is split into the following sections:
- Video of interview with topic specialist
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1-2 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1.6 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify the appropriate approach to management for a person with low back pain
- describe the 3 rehabilitation approaches that form part of the Treatment-Based Classification System
- match a patient’s signs and symptoms, subjective tests, and history to a rehabilitation approach