Plus Instructors FAQ
This page is intended to answer questions you may have as a potential Instructor with Plus. If you are interested find out more about being a Plus Instructor!
To understand more about Plus and how it supports Physiopedia, a UK-based charity click here.
An Instructor (aka a Topic Specialist) is a registered, accredited health care provider who would like to share their knowledge on a particular medical or rehabilitation topic. If you are interested in sharing your expertise with the world on an online platform, Plus may be a good option for you.
Plus currently has over 140 Plus Instructors, each having their own profile and course pages.
Plus is the online learning and professional development platform for Physiopedia. It is built by rehabilitation professionals for rehabilitation professionals. It offers over 1500+ hours of online courses that can be taken individually or as a programme (a series of courses). A simple annual subscription vies access to everything on the Plus platform.
Learn more about the Plus platform.
At present, there are 170,000+ members, including free trial account users.
If you are interested in becoming an Instructor for Plus please get in touch with the following information i) your name ii) your professional title, place of work and country of practice iii) topics you may be interested in presenting iv) your contact information and v) a link to your online biography. We will then contact you to discuss what to do next.
We encourage you to let us know which topics you are interested in presenting. We are also happy to help you develop a focused topic. Please take a look at our current course list for inspiration. Please feel free to run your ideas by us in the application form.
Plus is not a simple business transaction, we are a team with a joint mission to elevate standards of physiotherapy practice all over the world.
Some of best advantages of working with us are:
- We pay well – Fair and very competitive remuneration plus unrivalled promotion of your work, services and courses.
- We do all the hard work – All technical support in course development provided, all we need from you is the video!
- We are popular – #1 rehabilitation website with 4 million+ visits from every country in the world every month, delivered on a proven existing platform currently being used by 170,000+ people.
- We are trusted – Partnerships with 100+ universities, 30+ national member organisations and growing.
- We are accredited – Courses accredited in the USA, Australia, and South Africa. Accepted for CE/CPD in many additional countries including UK, NZ and Canada.
- We will promote you – Physiospot (50,000+ visits per month), social media networks (Facebook 75,000+ connections, Twitter 40,000+ connections), email newsletters (120,000+ subscribers).
- We are fair – Equitable access to your courses around the world with discounted pricing based on country of residence (it’s free to people in low income countries!).
- We are kind – Company profits invested into the Physiopedia charity to support the delivery of open resources /courses for the development of our global profession.
- We are simple – No hidden agendas, no investors to please.
- We are nice to work with and we deliver!
All we need from you is a video! We will then do the editing work to create a video presentation that is a combination of you presenting to the camera, with slides and images to facilitate learning. We put this together with a transcript, audio file, and subtitles to accommodate user diversity in learning styles, culture, language, and internet access. The video forms part of the Plus course, together with the course reading, quizzes, discussions, and other learning.
We have a media team (who are all clinicians) that can help you to produce high quality videos. We also have learning architects (who are all clinicians) who can create the text for the reading as well as the quiz questions for your course. We will guide you through the process from start to finish and you will have the opportunity to provide feedback on the final course product.
We provide royalty-based remuneration for your courses. This is a share of the Plus gross income that is distributed among instructors based on the number of courses they have and the engagement with those courses.
In addition, we will provide you with the following:
- Link to your own courses – Your course on Plus will have a “What Next” link at the end that directs our members to get more training directly with you.
- Your personal instructor page – This will have your biography, and a link to your website, and twitter account (see an example instructor page). Given Physiopedia’s ranking on Google, these pages do very well in searches for your name.
- You will promote you – Your courses on Plus will be promoted by Physiopedia (the worlds largest and most popular rehabilitation website. You will also be featured in our online magazine (Physiospot) and through our social media channels.
We ask that you do not have personal branding or promotional products as part of your videos as this may prevent us getting your courses accredited in some countries/states. However, we are happy to link your work in your Plus Instructor profile and at the end of your Plus courses.
We ask that the Instructors provide references and additional reading for the content of their courses. We will then include the references on the course page(s). We also have learning architects who will create specific topic summaries to go with your course if you do not have the time to do this.
Some Plus courses are part of a programme, while others are stand alone courses. What is the difference between a course and a programme?
Every course has its own certificate of completion and is accredited individually. A programme is a series of courses. To complete the programme, the participant must complete all the associated courses in the series as well as pass the final assignment. Once the assignment has been successfully passed, the participant will receive a completion certificate for the programme.
Most of our courses have one Instructor, however there are some courses and programmes which benefit from multiple Instructors. We are open to cooperating with multiple subject matter experts for a course or programme.
This truly depends on the popularity of the course. We review courses every 2 years to ensure they remain evidence-based.
Yes, of course. We have detailed guidelines for you and have a Media Team who are in place to help guide you with your video. We will always ask you to send a test video first so that we can give you feedback on lighting, positioning, background and overall quality.
You retain your video IP, although we do ask for exclusive use, apart from when you are using it for your own teaching. We own the IP for the course and other course content.
Yes, we work with all appropriate international accrediting organisations. View a comprehensive list of our course accreditations.
Yes, we do have a written agreement.
We are happy to work with you as soon as it suits you. Please get in touch with us here.
Go back to the Plus Instructor’s Handbook page