As our rehabilitation faculty you are passionate about developing online curricula and courses to share knowledge globally, especially in partnership with rehabilitation organisations worldwide.
Physiopedia is seeking candidates for Rehabilitation Faculty in Speech & Language Therapy. The purpose of this position is to provide technical and advisory support to the Physioplus team to implement activities to develop workforce capacity of rehabilitation professionals and elevate standards of rehabilitation practice. The expected level of effort is approximately 16 hours per week. The position is not location specific as part of a remote working team.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Rehabilitation Faculty will be responsible for developing and delivering the Physioplus curriculum and supporting the course development team to create the highest quality learning experiences for rehabilitation professionals world wide. Specific activities include:
- Contribute to the development of the an international rehabilitation education and training toolkit which will include the Physioplus curriculum, online courses and resources to assist partner organisations to adapt the toolkit for specific contexts.
- Participate in a global education needs assessment information gathering activity to inform curriculum development.
- Support the development of online courses to satisfy the curriculum.
- Facilitate the adoption of the international rehabilitation education and training toolkit by rehabilitation organisations.
- Assist rehabilitation organisations to adapt the toolkit to their specific context.
- Liaise and coordinate with other education and workforce development initiatives and projects to avoid duplication and create synergies.
- Rehabilitation degree, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, or nursing.
- At least 10 years of experience in a clinical setting conducting rehabilitation services.
- Teaching history with experience developing curriculum and creating online course content.
- Experience working within an international development context an asset.
- Technical knowledge in health policy/healthcare management an asset.
- Experience working with governmental and national-level regulatory institutions an asset.
- Excellent communication and facilitation/coordination skills.
- A passion for sharing knowledge in all global contexts, as well as being forward thinking about new education related innovations.
- Comfortable with remote working as a part-time freelancer.
- Language requirements: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English Strong proficiency in (or willingness to learn) online collaborative working using tools such as Google Drive, docs and spreadsheets, Slack and Asana.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please submit a cover letter and resume in English to Rachael Lowe <[email protected]>. Please include “Application for Rehabilitation Faculty: YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please address the following points in your email application:
- Tell us some details about an interesting training project that you’ve previously worked on. What made it interesting? Show us examples of your work.
- Share curriculum and/or online courses that you have previously developed.