Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over - clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
The previous courses in this ethics programme have considered general strategies to identify, reflect, discuss, resolve and evaluate ethical issues with reference to our personal and professional codes of practice. In this last course we delve deeper into specific areas of practice and certain prominent considerations for all areas of practice. The course explores private practice and palliative care, culturally competency and professional relationships, telemedicine and sports medicine. You will be able to apply the things learned on this course into any part of your professional life.
The aim of this course is to expand on your experiences of ethical issues in various professional practice settings and give you the confidence to resolve these dilemmas in all aspects of your practice.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Ethical issues in private practice
- Cultural competence
- Ethical issues and end of life care
- Sexual Harassment
- Ethical issues in Sports
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 6-8 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 6.8 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive your course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- list at least 6 ethical issues specific to private practice
- identify a course of action based upon examples of ethical issues
- describe at least 6 important ethical issues raised in palliative care
- discuss the role of the physiotherapist in palliative care
- select the highest risk factor linked with inappropriate patient sexual behaviour
- describe 4 implications for the patient-healthcare practitioner relationship resulting from health-related Internet information
- discuss the role of the physiotherapist in preventing ethical issues in the sporting context