Leadership – Developing High Performance Teams
Working in a team is not always easy. Team members invariably have different values and beliefs, all of which can lead to conflict. Why then do some teams consistently exceed expectations while others never seem to reach their goals? This course explores the features and characteristics of high performance teams and their leaders.
This course aims to provide you with an understanding of the characteristics, strengths and challenges of a high performance team and the leader’s role in optimising team development.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading Activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1.5-2 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1.6 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify the features of a high performance team
- list five dysfunctions of a high performance team
- summarise the stages of team development and performance
- explain the leader’s role in developing a high performance team
- develop an action plan for performance improvement