Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over - clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Each time you work with an individual with traumatic brain injury it is a unique experience depending on that individual’s presentation. Due to the complexity of the many conditions that may present it is not possible to prescribe specifically how to treat individuals with traumatic brain injury. However you can use the resources in this course to inform your clinical reasoning and practice to develop an individualised management plan specifically for that individual. This course will also examine the different phases of the management of individuals with traumatic brain injury and review existing best practice guidelines.
This course aims to ensure comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the role of clinical guidelines for the treatment and management of traumatic brain injury as well as review current best practice guidelines through each of the stages of traumatic brain injury management.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Multidisciplinary / Interdisciplinary Team and the Role of the Physiotherapist
- Clinical Guidelines in Traumatic Brain Injury Management
- Principles of Physiotherapy Management of Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Discharge Management
- Special Considerations in the Management of Traumatic Brain Injury
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 3-4 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 3.9 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- explain the role of the interdisciplinary team in the management of traumatic brain injury
- discuss the use of clinical guidelines in the management of traumatic brain injury
- justify the role of the physiotherapist in the different stages of traumatic brain injury management
- identify three impacts of increasing age on post-traumatic brain injury
- correctly identify at least 2 effects a traumatic brain injury has on the psychosocial aspects of an individual
A great course about a very interesting and tough subject. Easy explanations and very valuable for your work.
Physiotherapist, United States
This is a superb course for any physiotherapist / medical professional who wants to expand their knowledge on the management of TBI patients. Your practice will never be the same after taking this course.