As a language translator, translating rehabilitation related content to share knowledge is your passion.
We’re a global platform with an international community, it’s time for us to translate everything into multiple languages! Physiopedia is seeking candidates to translate our content into multiple languages, via innovative use of technology, to teach and share knowledge with rehabilitation professionals all over the world. The expected level of effort is approximately 16 hours per week. The position is not location specific as part of a remote working team.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Language Translators will be responsible for translating Physioplus content to the highest standard to create high quality learning experiences for rehabilitation professionals worldwide. Specific activities include:
- Translate English Physioplus content using a specifically designed online platform in at least one language.
- Support the web development team to provide an online environment for efficient translation of content.
- Liaise and coordinate with other Physioplus development initiatives and projects to avoid duplication and create synergies.
- Rehabilitation degree, such as physical therapy or occupational therapy.
- At least 10 years of experience in a clinical setting conducting rehabilitation services.
- Written and spoken fluency in 2 languages (one must be English) with language translation history.
- Experience working within an international development context an asset.
- Excellent communication and facilitation/coordination skills.
- A passion for sharing knowledge in all global contexts, as well as being forward thinking about new language and education related innovations.
- Comfortable with remote working as a part-time freelancer.
- Language requirements: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English Strong proficiency in (or willingness to learn) online collaborative working using tools such as Google Drive, docs and spreadsheets, Slack and Asana.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please submit a cover letter and resume in English to [email protected]. Please include “Application for Language Translator: YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please address the following points in your email application:
- Tell us some details about an interesting translation project that you’ve previously worked on. What made it interesting? Show us examples of your work.
- Share how you have used your linguistic skills to advance healthcare.