See more testimonials
Following the initial phase of post-operative ACL rehabilitation, designing a rehabilitation plan may be a challenge for many clinicians. A good understanding of existing deficits, functional and sport-specific needs, and setting realistic time frames are the keys to build up a road map for your patient. The phases of ACL rehabilitation are discussed in this course with important clinical goals and considerations for a safe return to sport. You will be introduced to the nine phases of rehabilitation following ACL reconstruction, how to set realistic time frames, when to move your patient to the following phase and how to select appropriate exercise parameters for each phase.
This course introduces the nine phases of post-op ACL rehabilitation with practical and clinical applications for each phase.
This course is made up of videos, reading, discussions and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Video presentation by Luke O'Brien
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1-1.5 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- list at least 3 ACL post-op protection strategies
- describe the 4 goals of the long-term rehabilitation phase
- design an exercise program, based upon specific case presentations, taking into consideration the 9 phases of ACL rehabilitation and the goals for each phase