Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over - clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
This course explores the assessment and classification of traumatic brain injury in relation to the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) and reviews the range of outcome measures available to utilise in its management.
The aim of this course is to ensure a comprehensive understanding of traumatic brain injury assessment and the various outcome measures that can be used to monitor impairment as a result of traumatic brain injury.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Framework for Physiotherapy Management
- Neurological Assessment of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Classification of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Outcome Measures for Traumatic Brain Injury
- Goal Setting for Traumatic Brain Injury
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 4-5 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 3.8 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- correctly identify the 3 components of ICF and how it relates to traumatic brain injury
- explain the difference between primary and secondary brain injury with regards to the mechanism of injury
- independently plan the physiotherapy assessment of a patient with traumatic brain injury
- discuss the recommendations from the TBI EDGE Task Force on which outcome measures to use in each phase of treatment
- describe the Disorder of Consciousness in terms of conscious and unconscious conditions
Physiotherapist, South Africa
Highly recommended for all therapists working with acute brain injuries.
Esther Shin Hui
Fantastic course bringing all clinicians up to date with relevant practice.
Witnessing the high-quality practices in other places is an excellent driver to improve our own. Excellent courses at your disposal at home is a dream for every professional with limited free time or training budget.