Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over - clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Select a country (and if appropriate state) to view information about this course's accreditation and/or acceptance in this jurisdiction.
In this course, we consider competency frameworks and the role they play in the development of core beliefs and values around rehabilitation. We will also examine the range of rehabilitation interventions within the global context, specifically looking at standards and guidelines that support the delivery of rehabilitation services
This course aims to ensure comprehensive knowledge and understanding of competency frameworks and a wide range of therapeutic interventions available to the rehabilitation team throughout the different stages of rehabilitation service delivery.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Rehabilitation Competency Frameworks
- Rehabilitation Interventions
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- The Use of ICF to Support Rehabilitation Interventions
- Case Study
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
This course is aimed at rehabilitation professionals, students and assistants including but not limited to Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy Clinicians, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Rehabilitation Doctors, Rehabilitation Nurses, Prosthetists, Orthotists, Psychologists, Audiologists, Dietetics, Social Workers, Community Health Workers, Nurses and Medical Doctors.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 3-3.5 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 3.1 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- describe the different ways rehabilitation frameworks are used and the design features associated with different framework applications
- justify the use of different therapeutic interventions depending on the treatment goal for a patient
- choose an appropriate set of interventions that could be included in a rehabilitation management plan of a patient
Nurse, New Zealand
This is an extremely useful, worthwhile and enlightening course that teaches all aspects of the rehab journey from systems to change to patient-focused. I have found this extremely useful and recommend it to anyone who wishes to learn more about rehabilitation
This course helps you to be informed on the growing need for rehab and how to be confident in the delivery of rehabilitation.