Introduction to Telehealth and Paediatrics
See more testimonials
In paediatric telehealth, the physiotherapist/physical therapist can reach a wide range of paediatric populations specifically those with barriers to access such as physical location, limited resources, or during social distancing. Telehealth in the pediatric population helps parents to continue therapy even if they have busy schedules, multiple children, or if their child is immunocompromised. It also allows the child to have therapy in the environment of their own home and provides an opportunity for parents to become actively involved with the therapy provision.
This course will give you an overview on where to start, what to consider, and will share practical advice in conducting a paediatric telehealth session.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1-1.5 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify at least 2 considerations with regards to legal and judiciary aspects of telehealth
- compare and contrast the barriers and benefits of paediatric telehealth
- plan a paediatric telehealth session taking into consideration what to do before, during and after a session