Online Course: Physiotherapy Assessment and Treatment of the Equine Forelimb
Take your equine practice to the next level with knowledge of the latest evidence-based treatments for forelimb lameness
Powered by Physiopedia
Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over - clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Select a country (and if appropriate state) to view information about this course's accreditation and/or acceptance in this jurisdiction.
While physiotherapists do not often play a significant role in the management of forelimb injuries in horses, equine therapists must still have a detailed understanding of the front limb. This will enable them to determine if referral to the veterinarian is necessary and to identify any compensatory dysfunctions that may respond to physiotherapy input. This course, the second of two courses on the equine forelimb, will introduce the fundamentals of the physiotherapy assessment and management of horses who have front limb dysfunction.
This course aims to provide a framework for the physiotherapy assessment and treatment of the equine forelimb.
This course is made up of videos, readings, discussions and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1-1.5 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1.2 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- select an appropriate set of questions to include in the subjective assessment of the equine patient who has forelimb lameness
- choose an appropriate set of objective tests that should be included in the assessment of the equine patient who has forelimb lameness
- discuss the components of the subjective and objective assessment of the equine patient
- evaluate the use of seven physiotherapy interventions for the equine patient
- elect an appropriate physiotherapy treatment for the equine patient with forelimb lameness based on a case scenario