Online Course: Sporting Elbow – Management
Achieve optimal outcomes for athletes with a fresh approach to treating the elbow
Powered by Physiopedia
Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over - clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Select a country (and if appropriate state) to view information about this course's accreditation and/or acceptance in this jurisdiction.
Elbow injuries in athletes occur in many sports and in athletes of all ages and levels. The management of these injuries may seem complicated but with a systematic approach, athletes can achieve optimal outcomes. A good understanding of the contribution of form and function in the elbow is necessary, as well as physiological knowledge to achieve the aims of the rehabilitation plan. In this course, Ian Gatt will guide physiotherapists to restore joint mobility, movement, motor control, strength and stability in athletes with elbow injuries and enable physiotherapists to help athletes return to play in an efficient and safe way.
This course aims to guide you in the management of the sporting elbow, focusing on exercise therapy, anatomical considerations, pain management and return to play strategies.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1-1.5 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- list at least three considerations of exercise prescription for the athlete with an elbow injury
- discuss the role of exercise therapy in the management of the sporting elbow
- explain how anatomical considerations can influence exercise therapy in an athlete with an elbow injury
- describe management strategies other than exercise therapy used in the rehabilitation of an athlete with an elbow injury
- summarise the factors to consider with return to play decision making in athletes with elbow injuries
Physiotherapist, United States
I would 100% recommend Physioplus! This is a well-designed course with insightful information. You will complete this course feeling intellectually rewarded!
Thank you to the Physioplus team for all your hard work in giving us this platform to gain knowledge and stay current in the ever-changing world of physio.