Steps to Appropriate Wheelchair Provision
This course provides an overview of the Steps to Appropriate Wheelchair Provision followed by a more detailed review of the wheelchair assessment, prescription and preparation process.
This materials and skills covered in this course are structured in the following sections:
- Wheelchair Assessment
- Pressure Management and Postural Support
- Wheelchair Prescription
- Wheelchair Preparation
Course aimsThe aim of this section is to provide comprehensive knowledge of appropriate wheelchair provision, and consider the impact it has on both user function and satisfaction.
Hours of learning
Completing this course will involve approximately 6 hours of learning activities that can be completed on a participant’s own schedule.
Please note that no deadlines are applied and this course can be started and completed according to your own schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 6 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
It’s not going to be easy, we’ll expect you to work hard for your completion certificate and Physioplus points! You won’t be sitting back and watching webinars, we’ll expect you to do reading tasks, complete quizzes, perform literature searches and other learning activities. You’ll need to reflect on your own experiences and contribute them within the discussion forum, this is where we can learn from each other’s experiences and knowledge from all around the world! At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 6 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Types of activitiesReading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify the 8 steps to appropriate wheelchair provision
- explain 9 risks for developing pressure ulcers and their prevention
- plan a thorough assessment for an individual requiring a wheelchair
- justify the appropriate wheelchair prescription and preparation based upon a complete patient evaluation and current wheelchair assessment as per case scenarios
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate you will need to:
- Be part of the Physiopedia Plus Community Culture.
- Log as completed all the required learning activities (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.