Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over 100,000 clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Telehealth is the delivery of health-related services and information via electronic communication. Technology is a key aspect of this service delivery but telehealth is not confined to one particular type of technology. While technology enables a clinical interaction to take place over any geographical distance, the choice of technology can determine how these interactions take place. This course covers the types of technology that can be utilised, as well as the considerations when deciding which type of technology to choose. It also provides an overview of suitable platforms that can be utilised for telehealth consultations.
The aim of this course is to provide an overview of the different types of technology that can be used in telehealth and the relevant factors that will influence your selection of platforms for telehealth in a physiotherapy practice.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1 hour depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 0.8 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the factors that will influence the choice of telehealth technology in clinical practice
- Describe a suitable platform to use for telehealth in different scenarios
- Compare the use of specific telehealth platforms with commonly publicly available platforms with regards to data security, confidentiality and safety of sensitive health information