See more testimonials
Lower limb tendinopathy can be very difficult to treat with multiple management strategies and theories suggested. At present, the strongest evidence supports the use of exercise as a management strategy, with tendon loading the only intervention that can change the strength and mechanical properties of a tendon. A 4-stage exercise based tendon rehabilitation programme has been proposed as an effective progressive loading intervention to manage tendinopathy. This programme also incorporates motor control retraining with tendon neuroplastic training. In this course, clinical specialist, Ebonie Rio discusses the fundamentals of rehabilitation and the 4 stage process of tendinopathy rehabilitation. She also briefly discusses the related management of sports players in-season and how to manage their expectations.
This course aims to introduce a progressive 4 stage progressive programme for lower limb tendinopathy rehabilitation.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1-1.5 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 1.1 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify 4 fundamental principles of tendinopathy rehabilitation
- identify 4 ways that pain impacts on rehabilitation progression in tendinopathy
- choose appropriate rehabilitation exercises based on case examples related to the rehabilitation progressions for tendinopathy
- select 4 characteristics of tendon neuroplastic training