Tennis Elbow Management
Tennis Elbow (TE), also known as Lateral Epicondyle Tendinopathy, is a degenerative condition caused by overuse. Some people may present with bilateral pain when gripping which impacts their daily activities and functional tasks. Following on from the Tennis elbow assessment course where we explored the causes and physical examination of Tennis Elbow, in this course you will learn about the evidence-based management options for this condition and how to design a multimodal programme for your patients.
In this course, you will learn about the management options for Tennis Elbow and how to design an appropriate exercise-centred programme.
This course is made up of videos, reading, forum posts and a final quiz. The course content is split into the following sections:
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1 hour depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 0.9 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify at least 6 management options for Tennis Elbow
- justify the benefit of patient education in Tennis Elbow management
- discuss the 2 principles of load management in Tennis Elbow
- plan an exercise program with progression for a person with Tennis Elbow
- select 3 pain management measures in Tennis Elbow treatment