Wheelchair Service Delivery
In this course we will learn more about Wheelchair Services, examine the different models for wheelchair service delivery and develop an understanding of wheelchair provision in your region, country, or district. We also consider next steps in further developing your skills and developing competency in wheelchair provision.
- Wheelchair Services Models
- The Role of the Multidisciplinary Team in Wheelchair Service Provision
- Referrals and Appointments
- Funding and Ordering
- Wheelchair Service Follow Up
- Case study
Course aimsThe aim of this course is to provide comprehensive knowledge of wheelchair service delivery.
Hours of learning
Completing this course will involve approximately 3 hours of learning activities that can be completed on a participant’s own schedule.
Please note that no deadlines are applied and this course can be started and completed according to your own schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 3-4 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
It’s not going to be easy, we’ll expect you to work hard for your completion certificate and Physioplus points! You won’t be sitting back and watching webinars, we’ll expect you to do reading tasks, complete quizzes, perform literature searches and other learning activities. You’ll need to reflect on your own experiences and contribute them within the discussion forum, this is where we can learn from each other’s experiences and knowledge from all around the world! At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 3 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Types of activitiesReading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- describe general and local wheelchair provision service delivery models in relation to laws, strategies, policies and action plans
- identify five ways the multidisciplinary team can support a wheelchair user’s right to personal mobility and to be actively involved in wheelchair provision
- select the appropriate actions for referral, appointments, funding and ordering of wheelchairs based on a case scenario
- discuss a patient case scenario with reference to the assessment, wheelchair prescription, fitting, training requirements, and follow up planning
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate you will need to:
- Be part of the Physiopedia Plus Community Culture.
- Log as completed all the required learning activities (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.