Summarising the latest research & evidence
Trusted by over 100,000 clinicians
Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device
Accredited certificate of completion
Cervical arterial dysfunction (CAD) is term a used in physiotherapy to cover a variety of vascular pathologies which can cause restrictions in blood flow to the brain. When assessing and treating the cervical spine, it is vital to understand diseases of the blood vessels that can present with pain and also to be able to assess the level of risk of a patient experiencing an arterial flow restriction during a physiotherapy assessment or treatment. In this course you will learn from a topic specialists how to make safe clinical decisions that take into account these very serious issues and how the related framework for clinical practice is being updated in 2018.
Understand what cervical arterial dysfunction is and be better able to identify existing vascular pathologies and make clinical risk management decisions when assessing and treating the cervical spine.
The course content is split into the following sections:
- Watch a video presentation by Dr Roger Kerry
- Reading activity
This course is aimed at Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy clinicians, students and assistants. Other interested professionals such as athletic trainers, occupational therapists, nurses or medical doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.
Hours of Learning - No deadlines are applied to this course and it can be started and completed in your own time according to your personal schedule. We expect the required elements to take around 1-2 hours depending on your schedule and learning style. Additionally there are many optional resources provided and if you choose to review these the course could take longer to complete.
Types of Activities - Reading Physiopedia pages, journal articles, book chapters. Watching videos. Attempting quizzes. Participating in an international discussion forum.
Certificates - At the end of the course, when you have completed all of the required elements, you will be able to download a certificate of completion and 2 Physioplus points will be added to your personalised learning dashboard.
Requirements to complete this course
In order to complete this course and receive a course completion certificate plus CEUs/CCUs/CPD points you will need to:
- Respect the Physioplus Community Culture.
- Log all the required learning activities as complete (represented by the orange icons!).
- Actively and appropriately participate in the course discussions.
- Pass a final quiz with a score of 80% or more.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- describe eight concepts of Cervical Arterial Dysfunction (CAD)
- plan an appropriate assessment for a CAD related patient
- identify three techniques that incur a higher risk when treating a CAD related patient
- classify CAD related patient cases into referral and treatment groups
See more testimonials