Learning, Acting and Building for Rehabilitation in Health Systems
Select a country (and if appropriate state) to view information about this course's accreditation and/or acceptance in this jurisdiction.
This comprehensive, up-to-date programme on Spinal cord injury (SCI) will cover an overview of SCI, respiratory considerations, general assessment and management. Physical activity for persons with SCI will be discussed in detail and more SCI topics will be added at a later date. These courses will be invaluable to any rehabilitation professional working with patients or clients with SCI.
The aim of this programme is to provide an in-depth view of the holistic rehabilitation of a person with a spinal cord injury
This programme will cover the following topics:
- Overview of Spinal Cord Injury
- Respiratory Management Following a Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury Physiotherapy Assessment, Prognosis and Goal Setting
- Spinal Cord Injury Physiotherapy Treatment Principles
- Spinal Cord Injury - Benefits, Barriers and Guidelines for Physical Activity
- Spinal Cord Injury - Starting Community-Based Physical Activity Groups in Low-Resource Environments
- Strength and Conditioning in Spinal Cord Injury
- The Role of Occupational Therapy in Acute Spinal Cord Injury
- Upper Limb Management in Upper Tetraplegia
- Upper Limb Management in Lower Tetraplegia
- Upper Limb Positioning and Management Strategies in Spinal Cord Injury
- Preventing Upper Limb Pain and Injury in Spinal Cord Injury
- General Principles of Spasticity Management in Spinal Cord Injury
- ADL, Self-Care, and Home Modifications for People With Spinal Cord Injury
- Bladder and Bowel Considerations with Spinal Cord Injury
- Introduction to Gait Rehabilitation in Spinal Cord Injury
- more courses will be added in the future
This programme is aimed at rehabilitation professionals, students and assistants including but not limited to Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Rehabilitation Doctors, Rehabilitation Nurses, Prosthetists, Orthotists, Psychologists, Audiologists, Dietetics, Social Workers. Community Health Workers, Nurses or Medical Doctors interested in this subject are also invited to participate.